Saturday, April 14, 2012

Beginnings

          Well folks. My new hubby, Moe, and I are excited about the adventures that lie ahead of us.  We know little of our future and what is really before us; but we love each other and are ready for whatever may come ;) 
          I have been applying for teaching jobs all over the country and a school in Thailand.  Hopefully I will soon have news for you.  For now, news will be about applying for jobs and the current life we live here in Ohio subbing part time and doing crazy things.  
          This week has been awesome for us! We are currently on spring break.  It is wonderful to have spring break even as adults!! I guess the saying real is true that teachers enjoy breaks more than students. I have been reading my heart out, which is very unusual for me.  I usually have no motivation for reading but this time is different. Maybe it is because of my motivation for the relevance of the material. Maybe it is because I really enjoy the books. I am proud to say that I have read all three Hunger Games books in a week. It is an amazing feat for me. 
          I wish I knew some teachers who had read them and were integrating them into their classrooms. I talked to one of my brothers friends about the books and he said that they were about hunger. I was somewhat surprised because that is not what I gathered from it at all! I wonder if that is how many young people view the books or if it was just his view. There are so many things that could be discussed in the classroom. Life and death, good vs evil, reality vs fantasy, propaganda and media (both in the book and about the movie). The list could go on!  Ugh I wish I had some  more teachers in my life.... I guess that means I need to start following some teacher blogs now that I have this!


Well I guess that is all for now. I have to finish cleaning the house and then I have the rest of the weekend free to enjoy my break! 

No comments:

Post a Comment