Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Decisions, decisions


as a person who stresses about every decision I had a recent revelation. hopefully this is something that will stick with me for life but I fear it will be a recurring lesson. I have learned that our decisions are only temporary. we might think that every decision is really the biggest of our life but it is not. the most important decision we have to make is whether if not to believe in Jesus Christ as savior. once that is made all else should gain new perspective. although my perspective didn't come til now it has hit home numerous times. I've been talking with seniors about where to go to college. I'm tying to help them understand it is just a decision. the reality is if you choose the wrong school if don't like it you can transfer! the same is true with almost everything. sure it might not be fun to deal with transfering but it is still an option.  yes our decisions have consequences but with Jesus on your side all things are possible right. maybe this where I am really getting hung up. (ah revelation even as I am writing...wonderful!) if we truly trust in Jesus than we know that he will provide for us. so if we make the wrong decision he will provide. if we are struggling he will provide. if we are loving everything he has provided. the true decision is will you let god have control. god, today I let go. I know that what you have in store for me is so much bigger than anything I can imagine. today I let go of my worry, my fear, and my need for control. I trust that you are with me through every decision. oh yes my original point. our decisions are temporary. the worst that can happen is death. but again with Jesus is that really the worst option? I know its morbid but it completely changes the outlook on life when our fear if death no longer hinders us.  we have to realize god doesn't want us living in fear of always making the wrong decision. god has entrusted us with choice. I believe one of his greatest gifts of love to us is that we can choose. he has trusted us with this but not left us alone. that is the key to remembering that he is still with us. so again my point. realize that our decisions are not as big as they seem. although it seems like the bigger the scarier, remember that those are the times to trust the most and jump all in!
I apologize if this was a little preachy. I tend to get that way at night time! as you can see its been a huge lesson for me recently. battling decisions and trying to please everyone beats me up at night. hopefully someone understands where I'm coming from or needed to hear this.

p.s. I wrote this on my phone so I apologize for the bad grammar and punctuation


No comments:

Post a Comment