Tuesday, May 15, 2012

packing up our things

          Well the time has come for us to pack up our things... well sort of. My parents neighborhood is having their annual garage sale this weekend and we are jumping right in!! We have decided to sell as much as possible in hopes to help pay for this transition!  However I have been very, very unmotivated to get organized for it. I know that part of the reason is because I have NO idea what I'm doing. I cant decide what things I want to keep and what things we are willing to sell. Some things I am more emotionally attached to than others.  But again the goal is to raise money so I guess I have to be willing to sell it all...for the right price of course. But what is the right price. This is another area of concern, I am terrrrrrible at pricing things so yet another frustration.  
          I think I am also avoiding making progress. Selling our things means we are one step closer to moving and making this whole new adventure a reality, a reality that I'm not sure I have completely processed yet. Sure I'm excited and sure I'm nervous but I should probably have a few other emotions in there as well. I don't want to go through my possessions and decide what I want to take with me, what I want to store for TWO years at least and what I want sell. Two years is a long time. I don't know what I will want when I come back or what will still be in style or still function properly.  I don't know. I wish I could call in one of those HGTV shows like Sell this House or something and get them to sell all of my stuff and figure out what needs to be kept! That would be awesome
          I know I am probably thinking too much about this situation but I'm allowed! I also know that in the grand scheme of life two years is really not that much and everything will work out fine. But currently things are a little overwhelming and the thought of selling all my possessions has motivated me to do nothing but write a blog post :)

No comments:

Post a Comment