Saturday, December 15, 2012

Honestly

For once I do not feel bad about not blogging. I didn't even want to blog today, but there is no point in hiding from you.  You all love me no matter what...right!?!?  So here is some honest blogging time! Which means keep the prayers coming!

We were warned before coming that there were different levels of living and traveling abroad.  First the exciting level.  Every new thing done or experienced is exciting and fun.  Every day is a new adventure. The exciting level lasted a long time for us and still has its moments.   I hope that we do not lose this level completely ever!!

Another level is feeling comfortable and settled where things become somewhat normal and you are adjusted.  We have definitely felt these days as well.  We come home and sit, just like we did in America.  We nap like we used to and do other things like normal people do.  There are most certainly areas that we are adjusted and settled.

Then the last area is the frustration level.  This where everything about the new land is frustrating and bothersome.  This is precisely where I was this week.  The goal is to move back into the adjusted and exciting levels this coming week and remainder of the time here.... here's to hoping right!

I'm not going to go into details of why everything was frustrating, but it was.  I cried almost daily.  I was frustrated with my class, my teachers, policies and procedures at school, food, the bugs, and so much more. Don't get me wrong, I love being here. I am enjoying it, but this week, I did not.

I have been missing home so much. Mainly because of the holiday seasons.  Being away from the norm is hard.  Plus, our friends here are either leaving during the holiday break or have family in town that they will be with.  I have been trying my hardest not to think about it, but when other things are down it is so much easier to be down about everything.

Well that is all I can say or I will start crying again.  But Moe has been great.  Today we went out to breakfast and talked the whole time about our goals and desires for being here and what not.  Then we walked through the junk market together enjoying the day.  We napped and played with Chico.  It has been a good day.  And things will get better, I am positive about that.

Please feel free to skype us this holiday season or send us an email to update us on your lives.  We want to know what is happening with you too!  Know we miss you greatly and hope you enjoy your holiday time together.


No comments:

Post a Comment