Monday, February 25, 2013

Productive weekend

This weekend was fabulous.  Because of Thai Day and a Buddhist holiday, we had a 4 day weekend!!!!!  Thursday was also Moe's last day of full time subbing, so the weekend was celebration of his 'freedom'.  He is actually quite sad about being done and has said he will miss the kids!!  I am so proud of him for making it through and learning so much.

Anyway, we had discussed going away for the weekend but I am so glad we didn't.  I was so so SO productive.  I think we should have 4 day weekends more often.

Friday, I went to the market by myself, shopped and then went to school to work.  I reorganized my library. Thankfully I inherited a fully loaded library but it was unorganized and the kids destroyed it :[ so I needed to intervene. It was driving me crazy how it was.  So I spent the day there Friday working.  It is now beautiful and I can't wait for my kids to use it!! Hopefully it stays beautiful for a little while. If you really care here are before and after photos!


This photo was taken Thursday, Thai Day.  You can sorta see Moe and his Thai shirt!  Yes those are elephants!  It buttons up in Thai style.



Friday night we stayed home and watched Doctor Who together.  Yes Moe has got me hooked on the show!! I am just finishing season 4.  It is fun to watch the show together.  We also discussed a motorbike that was for sale.  We decided we were interested enough to set up an appointment to ride/see it.

So Saturday morning first thing we rode 40 minutes to look at and test drive a motorbike.  It is an older bike but it is reliable and cheap, which is really all we wanted.  It is the style of bike that I want, has a floor board and is an automatic.  We were pleased with it but wanted to talk it over some more.

On the way home we explored some new areas and got some good sun... or burnt!  We went out to brunch and then went shopping. We bought a new external hard drive to share, since we now have so many pictures and movies and teacher things from me.  Both our laptops were full so we needed more space! Now we have space for years!  It was fun exploring the electronic store with Moe though.  He gets so excited but still has to find the best deal.  I was and am pleased with our purchases.

Oh back up a few days.  Wednesday both Moe and I realized how WHITE I was/am.  I was saddened by the fact that I live in the tropics but am equally as white as I would be in America.  So I have decided to take more of an effort to lay out after work and work on my tan!  So I laid out both Friday and Saturday.  BUT I am burnt from the motorcycle ride on my neck and arms.  It is a little depressing!

Anyway, the rest of the weekend we relaxed and enjoyed it! I have been a reading machine.  I have read 2 books that I will use for school. Sure they are 5th/6th grade reading level but they count right!?!  I have finished my current James Patterson book and am now on to book number 4.  Thanks Momma and Daddio for getting those for me! They have been so fun and a great escape!

After searching for a semi-long time for the bike that we wanted and in our price range we have decided to go ahead with the bike that we looked at on Saturday.  Right now Moe is on his way to put a down payment for it!! The owners are not leaving Chiang Mai until March so we have a little bit of time before it is officially ours, but it is so exciting! I can't wait to use it. I am very pleased.  I will post pictures when I can.  This is the type of bike but not the actual one.  It will have a little basket on the front too.




Anyway, a productive weekend all around.  Hopefully school will be much better this week than last.  I am trying to stay positive and focus on the good things that are happening at school rather than the behavior issues and stresses.  This quote has helped!


No comments:

Post a Comment