Monday, July 30, 2012

Second Weekend... Fri. Sat. Sun.


Arcoboleno's Italian Dinner

7/27 – Friday.  Again, I must apologize for the delay in blogging.  Our days are getting away from us. But I guess it is a good thing that we are busy rather than sitting around doing nothing the whole time.  However, it is currently an issue because I do not remember much of Friday… I do remember that we turned in my receipt for my plane ticket so hopefully we will be getting that back soon…. not real sure though. (It will be interesting working with office people who do not speak much English.) We also got a few books from my classroom for me to read because I have so many books that I have not read…but yet again we are so busy that I have not read much L Then, Moe   and I went out to a nice restaurant for dinner.  We went to Arcobelano’s which is an Italian restaurant that is very very good.  We have tried to go their twice before but each time was closed for one reason or another.  I had chicken parmigiana and Moe had fettuccine with salmon.  
For dessert we had tiramisu and vanilla ice cream. Again, delicious.  It was rather expensive for Thai standards but again well worth it.  Our total was 650 baht which is 20 US dollars J

lynchee



7/28 – Saturday was real fun.  We went back to Deyla and Nathan’s for laundry and lunch.  It was great to just hang out and not feel stressed with all of our decisions that we have! After lunch, Deyla and I walked to the market.  It was the first time I had been to the/any market.  It was great! There were so many options and so many new things.  Plus the prices are super cheap as well.  We got a lot of fruit and a few other things.  Once we got back home Moe and I tried some of the fruit that she got.  We tried mango which we both considered pretty good.  We tried guava, which we both considered tree-like and did not like.  We had lynchee, dragon eyes,  which were strange. They literally are on tree branches and you crack them open to eat.  And we tried something else that I cant remember that I did not particularly like at all… Moe found it, mangosteen and he liked it even though it was a lot of work for just a little fruit.

               
After fruit testing and the kids naps we went to Airport Plaza.  Moe was looking for Soccer or Football (we need to get used to that!) shoes and I wanted to look for a few classroom items to decorate.  We both found what we were looking for.  Moe learned that finding shoes in his size and preference was a little more difficult than we had hoped.  I learned that paper, specifically construction paper is much different here.  They sell it individually and larged size, like poster board.  It comes in all colors and textures which is fun but not all sizes!  I bought some of that and some Velcro and sticky-tack.  We then ate Thai food at the food court and were on our way home.  Another good day!
Moe's shoes

"Construction paper" its the width of my bed!
7/29 – Sunday was also fun. Today’s goal was to get Moe a cell phone so that we could give back our ‘new teacher phone’.  We made plans with Principal to have lunch and then take care of the phone.  As soon as they picked us up they handed us a phone that they had bought awhile ago but did not need anymore… they are the kindest people ever!  Moe tried to give them monies but they would not accept.  They then took us to J.J.’s for lunch. It is an outdoor covered place that serves both Thai and Western food and both are supposedly good.  I had cinnamon French toast, which was good but I have higher expectations for French toast ;)  Moe had a club sandwich which he thought was quite good.  After lunch we went to a mall place and got Moe’s phone working.  Since we had a phone now all we needed to do was buy a SIM card and put money on it.  Most phones work with prepaid minutes, so that is what we did!

We then went back to Principal’s house and made a few phone calls.  His wife called a house that we wanted to see again and set up appointments for us to see them tomorrow.  She also clarified the prices and the ability to have a dog inside the house.  We then went back to the mall and shopped around. I wanted more paper and Moe wanted to see what was available!  We got a few things and then found dinner….PIZZA HUT!! The family really wanted Pizza Hut and I was more than happy to do so. It was very good and refreshing from Thai food. 
This was our ride for the day... Moe was very excited!

The weekend was overall great! We were thankful to do semi-normal things. Shopping always does the heart good.  We are beginning to get our bearings and tend to know where we are most of the time.  We still need to work on our public transportation skills and Moe needs to keep practicing the scooter so that we can explore on our own more.  We desperately need to find a place and hopefully tomorrow can bring some more closure on that!  That is my prayer but we shall see.  Thank you all for your support.  We can definitely feel all your prayers and support.  We are so blessed.  

No comments:

Post a Comment